Friday, February 24, 2012

Oscar Opinions: Moneyball (2011)

Another homerun by Bennett Miller.

QUICK OPINIONS:
The film itself is actually very basic. What it is is Billy Beane, manager of the Oakland A's, is trying to make a better team. Problem is, that the team is 'under 50 feet of crap'. Beane brings in Peter Brand, a newly graduated stats freak. Peter thinks that a cheap team is possible, and they just need to find the 'misfit toys'. It's as most critics put it, 'a baseball movie that is for people who don't like baseball'.

I found out about this movie almost a year ago, and I put it on the top of my Oscar predictions, next to The Tree of Life. I was very happy that the film got a nomination. I cannot wait for Miller's next film, with Steve Carrell, Foxcatcher. No it's not the best film of the year, but it's one of. 'B+'

BEST PERFORMANCE:
The best performance is obviously Brad Pitt. There's a satisfied man inside of Beane, but it's covered in anguish, shame, and disappointment. It's powerful, but I still prefer Brad's more poetic in The Tree of Life. It's great, but I don't like Hill's performance as much as Albert Brooks in Drive. It's terrible how Hill got nominated, Hill needs to evolve as an actor before a nomination.

I'm not going to make pun about the next one, because the next one is the year's best. Look out for The Tree of Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment