The Oscar tables have been turned, and we know a few things:
1. Don't underestimate Zero Dark Thirty. It might be a graphic war film, but it might be a great one.
2. Les Mis was a whole lot weaker than we thought. If National Board of Review and Golden Globes don't help, I don't know what will.
3. Lincoln is going to win Adapted screenplay and Best Actor. No bones about it.
4. Life of Pi is slipping. I don't think it got any mentions from NYFCC, except a 2nd or 3rd place for cinematography.
5. Don't count out The Master. It accumulated a good amount of #1 votes at the votings for NYFCC, and is probably going to be a BP nominee.
So what does New York mean? Nothing really. But it's a start. After LAFCA on Friday, things will get intense. I can't wait.